A weblog focused on interesting circuits, ideas, schematics and other information about microelectronics and microcontrollers.
This is an actual computer, built completely from scratch. I began the project in the spring of 2006, while I was taking a course on microcomputers. My Z80 system will remain a work in progress as long as I can think of new things to add to it.
The current specs are:
- 2MHz 8 bit Zilog Z80 processor
- 56 KB static RAM (7 x 8k x 8)
- 8 KB EEPROM
- 1 Mb Flash Memory "hard drive"
- Interrupt controller with 8 interrupt levels
- 20 character x 2 line backlit LCD with contrast control
- RS232 serial port
- 2 programmable timers
- Programmable beeper
- 8X DIP switch and 8X LED's for general purpose I/O
- Strobe button for clocked input from the DIP switches
- Parallel port programming interface with parity