A weblog focused on interesting circuits, ideas, schematics and other information about microelectronics and microcontrollers.
A Multi-purpose USB Device with ATMega32
This project is an instance of theproject created by Benedikt Sauter. Bene released the schematics, board layout and firmware as an open-source project. Dean Hall took that project and made these modifications:
- Changed CONN1 to a type Mini-B receptacle (so it would be surface mount).
- Changed most parts to have surface mount packages (except jumpers and headers).
- Added capacitors C1 and C2 for decoupling.
- Added CONN3 2×5 pin header for Port A (the ADC inputs).
- Added JP3 jumper header to choose which pin controls LED1.
With a bit of work the board can be etched at home and you’ve got yourself a home made programmer. Or you could just pay $30 and get the original mkII from Atmel.