A weblog focused on interesting circuits, ideas, schematics and other information about microelectronics and microcontrollers.
SIDstick: vintage tunes in your pocket
The SIDstick is a pocket-sized chiptunes player from Gadget Gangster.
Image: Gadget Gangster web
SIDstick can work with any SD card. It plays the chiptunes from this card. The whole system (SID emulator etc) runs on Parallax Propeller MCU.
* 31kHz sample rate
* >16bit resolution
* Full filter support - any combination of Lowpass, Bandpass and Highpass filter
* Full envelope support with a logarithmic release/decay curve. ( uses the same logarithmic approximation as a real SID)
* Supports all 4 waveform types
* 16 steps main volume
* Waveform reset bit works. (many Rob Hubbard tunes relies on this exact behaviour)
* Ring modulation
* Oscillator synchronization
Read more and Get the SIDstick