A weblog focused on interesting circuits, ideas, schematics and other information about microelectronics and microcontrollers.
PFAVR - FORTH for AVR microcontroller
PFAVR is a 16-bit implementation of the Forth programming language for Atmel AVR microcontrollers. 13Kwords of FLASH and 32Kbytes of external RAM are required, thus the ATmega64 and ATmega128 are really the only devices supported as of this writing.
Its author, Andrew Sterian, says, that the main features of this package are follows:
* PFAVR enables quick prototyping and interactive control of the Atmel AVR
* PFAVR is 99% compliant with the ANS Forth specification, implementing nearly all of the words in the core, extended core, double-number, exception, programming tools, and string word sets.
* PFAVR fits into less than 13Kwords of FLASH and less than 32Kbytes of RAM
* PFAVR is written entirely in C thus can easily be extended or embedded with custom code.
* PFAVR is free, licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Read more at