A weblog focused on interesting circuits, ideas, schematics and other information about microelectronics and microcontrollers.
Metaboard for AVR
Metaboard is a USB based prototyping board for Atmel's AVR microcontrollers. It is designed to be (mostly) compatible with Arduino. Its entire design (hardware and firmware) is Open Source.
Main design goals:
- Low complexity and thus extremely low price.
- Single sided PCB so that the board can be manufactured at home.
- No SMD components. Easy to assemble at home.
- (Mostly) compatible with Arduino in board dimension and connector layout. Can also be programmed by Arduino's development environment via USB.
- No upfront investment for development environment or programmer hardware.
- Breadboard area on board.
- Completely Open Source.
USB is implemented in firmware, no special USB driver chip is needed.