A weblog focused on interesting circuits, ideas, schematics and other information about microelectronics and microcontrollers.
Homebuilt MP3 Player with STA013
If you’re looking for a build-it-yourself, standalone, USB harddrive based MP3 player, this may be of interest to you.
Originally conceived as a replacement for a CD player, this unit sits on the shelf next to your stereo and connects via standard RCA line-out audio connectors. Features of the player include:
* Large, back-lit LCD display
* IR remote-control receiver port
* USB 2.0 connection for fast song transfers
* Functions as a USB harddisk
* 24-bit stereo audio out
* Support for fixed & variable bitrate MP3 files to 320 kbps
* Supports harddisks up to 137 GB