A weblog focused on interesting circuits, ideas, schematics and other information about microelectronics and microcontrollers.
Ethersex - IPv6 on the AVR
Ethersex is a universal platform to access microcontrolers via IP protocol (including IPv6) and makes a solid base for your own development.
It's really simple to learn your ATMega AVR work with IP/IPv6 with Ethersex. Ethersex is a fork of older "etherrape" project (don't ask me about the names!) focused on IPv6.
Ethersex supports a wide range of protocols, hardware and techniques. E.g.: Ethernet (ENC28J60) incl. IEEE 802.1q (VLANs), USB, RFM12 (radio transmission at 433 MHz ISM-Band), ZBUS and OpenVPN.
* TCP/IP, UDP/IP and ICMP
* SMTP (E-Mail-send)
* NTP (Client and Server)
* mDNS (Avahi)
* MySQL (Client)
* IRC (Client)
* MPD (Music Player Daemon; simple control)
* RS232 and RS485
* IR send/receive (eg. RC5 remote controls)
* I2C (Master and Slave)
* Command FS20-Modules (Radio modules of ELV bzw. Conrad, eg. power switches, dimmer and temperatur sensor)
* YPort (Serial over LAN (SOL) aka XPort)
* Blinkenlights MCUF
* Port extender by HC595 and HC165
* Data input by PS/2 Keyboard
* Dallas 1-wire Bus
* LCD (HD44780 and compatible)
* Philips dc3840 camera and MCA25 mobile cam
* Stella Light (PWM up to 8 cannel)
* read data from Senertec Dachs MSR1