A weblog focused on interesting circuits, ideas, schematics and other information about microelectronics and microcontrollers.
Ethernet controller ENC624J600
Microchip announces new ethernet controller named ENC624J600 - the successor of the well-known ENC28J60.
Microchip's ENC624J600 is a 44-/64-pin, 100 Base-T standalone Ethernet Controller with on-board MAC and PHY, 24KBytes of Buffer RAM, SPI and parallel interfaces.
- IEEE 802.3 Compliant Ethernet Controller
- Integrated MAC and 10/100Base-T PHY
- 24-Kbyte Transmit/Receive Packet Buffer SRAM
- Support for PAUSE Control Frames, including Automatic Transmit and Receive Flow Control
- Supports Half and Full-Duplex Operation
- Programmable Automatic Retransmit on Collision
- Programmable Padding and CRC Generation
- Programmable Automatic Rejection of Erroneous and Runt Packets
- Support for JTAG Boundary Scan
- Preprogrammed Unique MAC Address Available
Available MCU Interfaces:
- 20 Mbit/s SPI interface with enhanced set of opcodes (all package options)
- 8-bit multiplexed parallel interface (all package options)
- 8-bit or 16-bit multiplexed or demultiplexed parallel interface (64-pin package only)