A weblog focused on interesting circuits, ideas, schematics and other information about microelectronics and microcontrollers.
DIY: Z80 homebrew computer
Are you interested in old 8-bit computers? Build your own one!
There are many interesting stuffs on . But if you are Z80 fan, you have to look at the two cute projects: and .
These projects has the old good flavor of the middle of 80's. Look at tech specs:
- Processor: Z80B (4MHz 8-bit)
- Memory: 128 KBytes RAM + 32 KBytes Display RAM
- Graphics mode 1: 256 x 256 pixels, 16 colours (selectable from 256K colours)
- Graphics mode 2: 512 x 256 pizels, 4 colours (selectable from 256K colours)
- Text mode: 64 columns x 32 rows of ROM-generated characters
Do you feel the ZX/MZ821/Sord/etc nostalgia times?