A weblog focused on interesting circuits, ideas, schematics and other information about microelectronics and microcontrollers.
cosam.org - Z80 Project
After several years' worth of interruptions and procrastination, the homebrew computer project has finally become a reality. Now on the forth revision of the design, the system actually works! As this page seems to be getting its fair share of traffic lately, I'm trying to keep it reasonably up-to-date. I've also published all of the Z80 project's source code in my online source code repisitory. However, don't be shy to drop me a line if you have specific questions or would like to discuss your own project.
- To actually have a design for a change.
- To have a means to connect to a PC (no need to implement keyboard/CRT right away).
- To be able to run my Focus OS (in development).
- To be reasonably easy to expand.
- Zilog External link Z80 processor, running at a blistering 20Mhz
- Huge 16Kb Flash-based ROM
- Enormous 48Kb block of SRAM
- Serial interface via 16C550 UART/MAX232
- ATA (IDE) hard disk/CD-ROM interface
- Built-in bogon-resistant hardware
- Unobtainium alloy chassis