A weblog focused on interesting circuits, ideas, schematics and other information about microelectronics and microcontrollers.
Bus Pirate 2 - the USB version
The Bus Pirate is a universal bus interface that talks to most chips from a PC serial terminal, eliminating a ton of early prototyping effort when working with new or unknown chips. Now with USB capabilities in the version 2.
The Bus Pirate 2 supports:
* Asynchronous serial
* PC keyboard
* 2- and 3-wire libraries with bitwise pin control
Authors added other stuff, e.g.:
* 0-6volt measurement probe
* 1Hz-40MHz frequency measurement
* 1kHz - 4MHz pulse-width modulator, frequency generator
* On-board multi-voltage pull-up resistors
* On-board 3.3volt and 5volt power supplies with software reset
* Macros for common operations
* Bus traffic sniffer (SPI)
* A bootloader for easy firmware updates
You can build your own Bus Pirate device, or buy for ca 30 USD.