A weblog focused on interesting circuits, ideas, schematics and other information about microelectronics and microcontrollers.
An ARM Cortex development board with a lot of capabilities.
The USB-powered Beagle Board is a low-cost, fan-less single board computer that unleashes laptop-like performance and expandability without the bulk, expense, or noise of typical desktop machines.
1. Over 1,200 Dhrystone MIPS using the superscalar ARM Cortex-A8 with highly accurate branch prediction and 256KB L2 cache running at up to 600MHz.
2. OpenGL ES 2.0 capable 2D/3D graphics accelerator capable of rendering 10 million polygons per second.
3. HD video capable TMS320C64x+ DSP for versatile signal processing at up to 430MHz
4. USB power via complete chip-set with minimal additional power-consuming logic
5. The processor has integrated 128MB DDR memory as well as 256MB NAND Flash memory with POP (Package on Package) technology.
The Beagle board was designed to be expanded easily via popular USB and standard PC peripherals to enable reuse of existing PC peripherals.
1. DVI-D for connecting digital computer monitors.
2. Compatibility with a huge collection of USB peripherals including hubs, keyboards, mouses, WiFi, Bluetooth, web cameras, and much more.
3. MMC+/SD/SDIO interface for memory or wireless connectivity.
4. S-Video out for connecting your NTSC or PAL television or wearable visor.
5. Stereo audio in and out for a microphone and headphones or speakers.
6. Power via typical USB chargers for cell phones from your laptop, from an automobile adapter, from batteries, or even from a solar backpack.
7. An RS-232 port is included on the board.
8. For real time debugging and emulation purposes, a JTAG connection is present.
Distribution is handled by Digi-Key, a major international distributor.