A weblog focused on interesting circuits, ideas, schematics and other information about microelectronics and microcontrollers.
68000 home computer
You grab a Motorola 68HC000 32 bit mcu, some knowledge, you mix them together and you should get a 32-bit power single board computer. The chip is quite old but there are many chip makers still produce it.
* CPU: 68HC000 68-pin PLCC @8MHz,
* Memory: SRAM 256kB (628128x2), FLASH 256kB (29C010x2),
* GPIO: 8-bit output port, 8-bit input port,
* UART: 6850 9600 8n1,
* RTC: DS12887,
* Glue logic: DTACK, memory/io decoder, Xilink XC9572 CPLD (programmed by ),
* Monitor program: zBug V1.0 for 68000-Based Single Board Computer.
Author's Note: The 68kSBC project is not recommended for beginner. The author suggests those who interested in building the board should study "Programming and Designing with the 68000 Family" written by Tibet Mimar beforehand. The board was intended to run with GNU c compiler for the project that needs 32-bit computing power!